This delicious and fresh salmon salad recipe comes from our very own our Chef at The Grove. This month’s recipe features a mixed green salad, topped with seared salmon and a fresh ginger miso salad dressing. Chef calls this the Spring Love Salad. This recipe serves 3-4 people.
~5 oz. of Arugula & Spinach Mix
~7 oz. of Romaine Lettuce
~5oz. of Toasted Cashews
~3oz. of Toasted Coconut Flakes
~6 to 8 Strawberries
~4 oz. of Crumbled Goat Cheese
~Ginger Miso Dressing—about 2oz. per person
Ginger Miso Dressing Ingredients
Instructions for the Salad
1.) Rinse the greens and mix together in a large serving bowl.
2.) Slice strawberries into quarters and top the salad as desired.
3.) Coarsely chop cashews and sprinkle throughout.
4.) Garnish with coconut flakes.
Seared Salmon Recipe
- 2lbs. of Organic Farm-Raised Salmon
- 1 tsp. of Pink Himalayan Salt
- Desired Amount of Coarse-Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp. of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cut salmon into equal-sized fillets across the grain.
- Pat each fillet dry with a paper towel and season thoroughly with the salt and pepper.
- Preheat a cast-iron skillet on medium-high heat and add olive oil. Once the pan is heated, place the fillets skin side up and sear for about 4 minutes.
- After searing for 4 minutes, flip to skin side for about 3 minutes or until proper doneness is achieved.
For salmon, you want a pink, flakey outside and a lightly translucent middle. For crispy skin, cook a bit longer. If you prefer to use a thermometer, doneness is achieved at 145˚F.
Once you’ve cooked the salmon, place the fillets on the salad and drizzle the ginger miso dressing on top.
Here’s a note from our Chef about this new salmon salad recipe: