The inspiration for this curried cauliflower recipe came from The Grove’s Executive Chef’s personal affinity for curry. He feels that the roasted cauliflower maintains a mild flavor that is not overpowering, so it complements the curry nicely.
Let’s dive into Chef’s take on this traditional side dish and find out how you, too, can make it for any occasion big or small—it’s sure to please.
- 3 average-sized heads of cauliflower (use four if they are on the small side)
- Sugar: 1 tablespoon
- Salt: 1.5 tablespoons
- Madras Curry Powder: 3 tablespoons
- Garam Masala 3 tablespoons
- Grapeseed Oil: 2 ¼ cup
- Grab a large bowl and combine the grapeseed oil, garam masala, curry, salt, and sugar. Then, thoroughly mix to form a paste.
- Next, add the cauliflower and mix by hand to coat evenly. Only mix one batch at a time.
- Spread the cauliflower out evenly on 1’’ sheet pans. Then, roast in the oven at 350º until caramelized and tender (about 8-12 minutes)—stirring every 3-4 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
Pairing Suggestions for This Recipe
Chef expressed that this side dish would pair excellently with any of the following entreés:
- Seared Salmon
- Roasted Lamb
- Char-grilled Steak
- Any combination of roasted vegetables
Complement with a nice white wine, and you’re good to go.