This marinated flank steak recipe of the month to have for lunch or dinner is brought to you from our Manor House Culinary Team at The Grove. It is paired with Japanese eggplant and roasted sweet potatoes. Not overly heavy, this meal is a healthy option for the family.
The recipe for the marinade will leave you with extra, so you can make the dish again or use them in a variation with chicken and green beans.
Our Manor House Culinary Team suggests this meal would pair well with a glass of white wine or a Japanese brand of beer like Asahi or Sapporo.
Marinated Flank Steak Recipe
4 to 5 pieces of flank steak or skirt steak – use a fork to tenderize the beef.
- Parsley: 400g
- Oregano Leaves: 20g
- Green Onions: 20g
- Thyme Leaves: 20g
- Garlic Rough Chopped: 320g
- Chili Flakes: 10g
- Kosher Salt: 40g
- Olive Oil – (or a preferred oil of choice): 960g
Rub tenderized beef and let sit overnight for maximum flavor. On a medium-high heated grill, place the marinated flank steak on the grill and flip after 5 minutes. Grill for another 5 minutes, pull the beef off the grill, and let it rest for 3 minutes before slicing.
Take 4 pieces of eggplant, cut off the stem, slice lengthwise, and place on a sheet tray—cut side up.
Season with salt and pepper, drizzle with oil, and roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 350°.
Remove and let cool. Then slice into about 3” wide pieces and set aside.
Sauce for Eggplant
- Water: 218g
- Tamari: 125g
- Brown Sugar: 80g
- Sriracha: 62.5g
- Rice Wine Vinegar: 62.5g
- Water: 5g
- Corn Starch: 5g
1. Combine water, tamari, brown sugar, sriracha, vinegar, and salt into a pot – bring to a simmer.
2. Whisk together water and cornstarch.
3. Add cornstarch roux to the simmering pot and whisk for 1 minute.
4. Remove sauce and let cool. Reserve for later. You will have leftover sauce for future use.
To Finish Eggplant
1. In a hot saute pan, add a small amount of oil and the eggplant. Saute for 2 minutes to get it hot.
2. Add 1 cup of sauce to the pan and bring to a boil with the eggplant. Let simmer for 2 minutes and serve.
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 4 Medium to Large Sweet Potatoes
- 3 oz. of Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 oz. of Sesame Oil
- .5 oz. of Sesame Seeds
1. Peel and cut the Sweet potatoes into large chunks.
2. In a mixing bowl, toss them with a small amount of olive oil, salt, and pepper.
3. Roast for 25-30 minutes at 375* until soft.
4. When you pull them out of the oven, scoop them into a bowl and drizzle sesame oil and seeds. Toss them and they are ready to serve.
We hope you enjoy this marinated flank steak recipe and stay healthy during this time.
Here are some words from our Chef:
“Now that we have been able to host members back in the Manor House with Dining Reservations, we are preparing to roll out our summer menu for both lunch and dinner. This coming weekend, we are launching the new menus and hoping that everything is going to be in our favor to open the pool with similar restrictions as the Manor House. We look forward to seeing familiar faces around the Manor House and pools this summer.”
Click here to check out last month’s recipe.