This Chicken Tortilla Soup comes directly from our Executive Chef. Inspired by his time spent in the Arizona and Southern California area, this soup will warm you up with its flavorful spices and hearty texture during these cold, winter months. This is one of Chef’s personal favorites, as it is healthy and can easily be modified to be a great vegetarian soup.
- 2 oz Olive Oil
- 1 Diced Yellow Onion
- 1 Diced Poblano Pepper
- 1-2 Diced Jalapenos (seeds removed depending on how spicy you like it)
- 3 Chopped Garlic Cloves
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- 1 Tablespoon Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Salt (add more/less to taste)
- 1 Tablespoon Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 4 Diced Fresh Tomato
- 1-2 Chopped Cilantro Bunch
- 3 qt Chicken Stock
- 1 cup Roasted Corn
- 2 cups (1/2 Bird) Pulled Roasted Chicken
- In a large pot heat oil, add onions, poblanos, jalapenos, and garlic; sweat over medium heat until translucent
- Add cumin, paprika, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes mixing occasionally
- Add tomato paste, tomato, cilantro, and stock; simmer over medium heat for about 20-30 min
- Add roasted corn and chicken then remove from the heat
- Enjoy right away or cool it down and it will last for 5 days in the fridge.
- Garnish with crispy tortilla strips, sour cream, shredded cheddar, and cilantro.