For the second year in a row, ten professional golfers from the Web.com Tour have been invited to compete in the Future Stars Shootout at The Grove. Some of the Web.com Tour’s best and brightest will tee it up on our course on Tuesday, June 27th to compete for $13,000 courtesy of The Grove. The public is encouraged to attend this exciting event and support these up and coming golfers on their way to the PGA Tour.
Each of the participants in this year’s event agreed to donate a portion of their winnings to The First Tee of Tennessee. The Grove frequently partners with The First Tee to further the organization’s mission of impacting the lives of young people by providing educational programs that build character, instill life-enhancing values and promote healthy choices through the game of golf.
Our 2017 Future Stars
• Jason Millard – Middle Tennessee State University
• Stephan Jaeger – University of Tennessee at Chattanooga from Munich Germany
• Keith Mitchell – University of Georgia
• Rick Cochran – Middle Tennessee State University
• Kent Bulle – Middle Tennessee State University
• Wes Roach – Duke University
• Adam Schenk – Purdue University
• Chris Baker – Iowa State University
• Tommy “Two Gloves” Gainey – Central Carolina Technical College
* Tenth participant TBD
The Grove Rewards Program
Two of this year’s participants, Jason Millard and Kent Bulle are members of The Grove’s Reward Program. This invitation-only program through the Tennessee Golf Foundation offers promising young golfers a home course where they can hone their skills and support one another on their way toward national ranking. You can learn more about The Grove’s Reward Program, HERE
Schedule of Events (Public Welcome)
- 2 p.m.— Junior Clinic
The pros share tips with junior league and youth players.
- 3-6:30 p.m.— 9-Hole Shootout
Ten players will compete in a shootout competition. At 6:30, players will participate in the “Closest to the Hole” competition from the Manor House to the 18th green.
- 6-8 p.m.— Player Meet and Greet
Join us for a player meet and greet with hors d’oeuvres and cocktails.